MPI Generali

Welcome to the Generali Group
Please select your country

Our locations


Home Protector Insurance

Houseowner Insurance covers loss or damage to the buildings of the private dwelling house including fixtures and fittings, interior decorations, walls, gates and fences.


Householder Insurance covers loss or damage to the household contents such as electrical appliances, furniture sets and the like and personal effects


Important Notice:


  1. The total value of platinum, gold and silver articles, jewellery and furs shall be deemed not to exceed one-third of the Total Sum Insured on Contents.


  2. No one article (furniture, pianos, organs, household appliances, radios, television sets, video recorder sets, Hi-Fi equipment and the like excepted) shall be deemed of greater value than five (5) per cent of the Total Sum Insured on Contents unless such article is specially declared as a separate item.


  3. This section does not cover property more specifically insured, or, unless specially mentioned, Deeds, Bonds, Bills of Exchange, Promissory Notes, Cheques, Securities for Money, Stamps, Documents of any kind, Cash, Currency Notes, Bank Notes, Manuscripts, Medals and Coins, Motor Vehicles and Accessories, Livestock, Antique products and Paintings.


Personal accident

In the event of an accident resulting in an injury to yourself, you can claim from both policies, subject to the benefits you have effected in each respective policy. However, it should be noted that for medical expenses, the original medical bills are required as this is on reimbursement basis. Hence, if you have been fully reimbursed under one policy, you will not receive any further reimbursement.


Motor insurance

Before renewing your road tax, you must remember to renew your motor policy insurance. Renewing your motor policy insurance with MPI Generali is a breeze. You just need to call our Customer Service or our friendly servicing agent, pay the appropriate premium amount and a policy schedule will be generated. We will then submit the policy schedule electronically to the JPJ. All you have to do is just go to the JPJ office, produce your vehicle’s registration card and you will obtain your road tax.


The sum to be insured should be based on the market value of your car. Market Value represents the value of your car with an allowance for wear and tear and/or depreciation.


NCD is the abbreviation for No Claim Discount. This is a discount given to the policyholders upon renewal of their motor insurance policy if no claim is made from the policy during a continuous coverage period of 12 months. PIAM Motor Tariff sets out a fixed rate for this discount. These are as follows :

NCD For Private Car / Commercial Vehicles
  Private Car Motorcycle Commercial
Period of Insurance Discount
During 1st year 0% 0% 0%
After 1st year 25% 15% 15%
After 2nd year 30% 20% 20%
After 3rd year 38.33% 25% (Max) 25% (Max)
After 4th year 45%    
5th year onwards 55% (Max)    

If you decide to sell your vehicle without buying a new one, you will maintain your accumulated NCD in the first year. However, your NCD percentage will drop proportionately in the second year and the reduction will continue until your NCD percentage reaches 0%. Thus, it is advisable to transfer your accumulated NCD to another vehicle for you to enjoy the benefit continuously.


A Comprehensive Cover policy will cover you for the loss or damage to the motor vehicle, accessories etc caused by :


  • Accidental collision or overturning
  • Fire, external explosion, self-ignition or lightning
  • Burglary, housebreaking or theft
  • Malicious acts
  • Falling objects provided no flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, volcanic eruption, earthquake, landslide, landslip, subsidence or sinking of the soil/earth or other convulsion of nature is involved.


A Third-Party Cover policy will only cover you against any legal liability to third parties arising out of the use of a motor vehicle resulting in death, bodily injury or damage to property only.

Motor – Claims

In the event of an accident, you should call MPI Generali assist hotline at 1800 22 2262 for an immediate assistance and lodge a police report within 24 hours.


We also have specific accident assist hotline for our Policyholders who purchased vehicles from Perodua and Nissan :-


Perodua Smart Assist – 1800-88-5555


Tan Chong Insurcare – 1800-88-2268

Your claim will be processed once the adjuster’s report and other relevant documents are received by us. Therefore, it is important for you to notify us and give complete documents as soon as possible so we can process your claim without any delay.


A period of repair varies from one vehicle to another depending on:


  • The extent of the damage to the vehicle
  • The availability of the spare parts

You need to pay the amount of Excess under your policy, if applicable, but if your car is under-insured, you will have to pay the proportionate difference.


Excess refers to the amount that you are responsible to pay in the event of a claim. For example, the excess of your policy is RM300 and the total claim amount is RM1,800. Your insurer will only pay RM1,500 for the claim while you have to pay the remaining RM300.


Betterment is a scale imposed on vehicles aged 5 years and above when new franchise parts are used during a repair that was paid for by the insurance company. The insured has to bear the betterment charges when the damaged old parts of the vehicle are replaced with new franchise parts. The application of betterment is based on the Scale of Betterment.


If the vehicle is recovered before the theft claim is settled, you will have options to either:


  • Withdraw the claim (if the vehicle is recovered in good condition)
  • Withdraw the claim and undertake to repair at your own expenses (if the vehicle sustained minor damage and you wish to retain your NCD entitlement)
  • Withdraw the Theft claim but pursue an Own Damage Claim (if the vehicle recovered sustained extensive damage or has missing parts)

E-payment for Claims and Refund Premium


  • Faster – funds are available on the same day or latest by the next working day of the payment value date
  • Convenient – no need to make a trip to deposit cheque at the bank as payments are credited directly into your bank account
  • Safer – no need to worry about misplaced, lost or expired cheques

No, you can enjoy this service free of any charges.


You must complete the e-payment Form together with the Claim Form and submit these with the necessary supporting documents when you make a claim.


Photocopies of the following documents are required for verification:


  • Identification card, passport or other acceptable identification documents; and
  • either one (1) of the following:
    1. Bank statement; or
    2. Bank account passbook; or
    3. Bank-in slip of a recent bank transaction with the bank name and account particulars clearly shown; or
    4. Details of bank account printed from your bank’s website that has been certified by your bank; or
    5. Letter from your bank confirming your bank account particulars.

You can use any of your existing active saving or current accounts held under your name, or you are named as one of the account holders (in the case of a joint account). The account must be maintained with a bank offering MEPS Inter-Bank GIRO (IBG) service.


Please refer to the following website for a current list of IBG members:

Yes, you may change the bank account to which you would like the funds to be transmitted by submitting the relevant prescribed form together with the required supporting documents as described above. No fees will be charged for this purpose.


Payment will be electronically transferred into your bank account as soon as your claim payment has been approved. Generally, funds will be made available in your bank account on the same day of the payment value date. However, depending on the processes adopted by your bank, you may receive the payment on the same day or a day after.


Your bank account details and other related information


  • Will be used solely for the purpose of enabling payments to be electronically credited directly into your bank account; and
  • Are protected by the Financial Services Act 2013, which strictly prohibits the disclosure of these information to any person without your prior written permission. It should be noted that by signing the relevant form to provide your bank account information, you will be authorising the disclosure of your bank account information to parties necessary to effect the electronic payment to you e.g. our banker.

If funds cannot be electronically credited into your bank account we will contact you to validate your bank account details.


To avoid this from happening, please ensure that your bank account particulars are correct and up to date when you furnish these to us. These will cause some delay in the payment process, otherwise we will settle the payment by issuing a cheque.

No, you do not have to disclose your bank information separately if you have more than one policy. You are required to disclose or update your bank information in the e-payment form together with the supporting documents when submitting a claim or requesting for NCD refund or policy endorsement.


In the event of death all monies due to a policyholder are paid to the legal representative of the policyholder’s estate or to the named beneficiaries.


For Insured where there will be frequent claims or refund premium payment to be made, you will only need to make a one-time registration for settlement by e-payment. You will however need to ensure the bank account particulars are up to date. For other Insured, you will have to indicate your interest for payment by e-payment and to furnish the requisite forms to enable us to do so when you submit a claim.


E-payment is the most efficient and safest mode of payment. However, if you do not wish to receive payments by direct credit to your bank account, you do not need to submit your registration for e-payment and payment will be made to you in the form of cheques or bank drafts.


It is always advisable for an employee, either a Malaysian or a foreign worker, to open a bank account. However, he can authorise the payment to the employer’s bank account. Please note this is a private arrangement between the foreign worker and the employer. We will not be liable in the event the payment is not paid out by the employer to the employee.